Stats

  1. Did you know that only 5% of kids who get arrested have committed a violent crime? But the other 95% often face the same fate.
  2. Each year, 200,000 kids under the age of 18 are tried in courts meant for adults.
  3. On any given night, 10,000 kids are being held in adult jails and prisons.
  4. 66% of kids who have been incarcerated never return to school.
  5. Each year, the U.S. spends $10,500 per child on education, and $88,000 on each child incarcerated.
  6. The U.S. incarcerates nearly 5 times more kids than any other nation.